We can help you manage osteoporosis and stay on top of your bone health with a DEXA scan for bone density.
Are you at risk for osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a common, but serious disease that makes your bones weak and more likely to break. About half of all women in the U.S. and a quarter of all men will break a bone from osteoporosis at some point in their lives.
We can help you manage osteoporosis and prevent bone fractures.
Discuss with your provider if osteoporosis treatment is recommended for you. Find a doctor.
Osteoporosis affects about 54 million Americans.
It affects more women than men and it is often hereditary. The good news is that there are steps you can take to strengthen your bones so you can focus on what you love the most. Start protecting your bones today.
- Make sure you are getting enough calcium and vitamin D to support and maintain your bone density.
- Eat foods that are good for your bone health, especially fruits, green, leafy vegetables, nuts and dairy products.
- Exercise regularly. Walking, jogging, hiking, tennis, dancing and weight training are all bone-healthy exercises.
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol to two or three drinks per day.
Risk factors for osteoporosis.
Knowing your risk factors is important to preventing osteoporosis, supporting healthy bone density and knowing when to talk to your doctor about scheduling a DEXA scan.
Risk factors include:
- Not getting enough calcium and vitamin D
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Tobacco use
- Drinking more than two alcoholic drinks each day
- Low body weight
- Parental history of osteoporosis or hip fractures
- Taking certain medications, especially steroids