Health First introduces Medicare Supplement Policies
ROCKLEDGE, FL (May 3, 2012) — Health First recently launched three Medicare supplement policies to “fill the coverage gap” for Florida residents with Original Medicare. Original Medicare typically covers 80% of the cost for approved medical care, while a Medicare supplement policy, also known as a Medigap or MedSupp policy, will pay all or part of the remaining 20% for Medicare-eligible services.
The Health First Medicare supplement policies are available throughout the state and are underwritten by Health First Insurance, a brand new company licensed by the State of Florida to offer insurance products such as Medicare supplement policies. Although Health First Insurance is new, their team of executives and staff is highly experienced, with a proven track record of providing the highest levels of quality, value, and service. For more than 15 years, Health First has offered Medicare Advantage health plans as an alternative to Original Medicare, as well as commercial group health plans for employers. Last year, Health First expanded their health care coverage options with two stand-alone Medicare prescription drug plans (PDP) for Florida residents.
Policy holders of Health First Medicare supplement policies are not required to use Health First’s hospitals, medical or wellness services, or physicians, and prior authorizations for services are not required. If Medicare covers a service, then the Medicare supplement policy will too. Additionally, these policies include benefits that Original Medicare does not cover, such as the first three pints of blood, additional lifetime reserve days, and foreign travel emergencies. Plus, as an added service not covered by Medicare, all policy holders are entitled to a free fitness membership at the Health First Pro-Health & Fitness Centers in Melbourne, Merritt Island, Palm Bay and Viera, and Parrish Health & Fitness Center in Titusville. Additional fitness center locations throughout the state will be available soon.
“We’re committed to providing Health First Insurance policy holders with the same friendly service that has made Health First Health Plans the success it is today,” said Margaret Haney, President and CEO of Health First Health Plans.
To qualify for a Health First Medicare supplement policy, you must have Medicare Part A and B and you must be a permanent Florida resident. A Medicare supplement policy can be combined with Original Medicare, and if desired, a stand-alone prescription drug plan (PDP). However, an individual cannot be enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan and a Medicare supplement plan at the same time.
For more information about Health First’s Medicare supplement policies, call 321-434-4822 or toll free 1-855-443-4735 on weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm and Saturdays from 8 am to noon. You may also visit the web site at www.HealthFirstInsurance.org or visit their headquarters at 6450 US Highway 1 in Rockledge, FL.