Referrals, resources, and forms.
We require authorization from an attending physician to begin hospice care. Get the referrals, resources, and forms you need.
- Authorization to Obtain Medical Records Form
- Medicare Benefit Election Form
- Informed Consent/Release of Information Form
- Advanced Directives
The power of kindness.
Hospice volunteers are a special group of caring people who generously donate their time and talents to patients and families when kindness and support is needed most. Hospice of Health First is always accepting applications for a variety of volunteer positions and we encourage you to apply today.
After completing training, volunteers can serve in a variety of ways including:
- Patient & Family Companionship - Provide support and respite for hospice patients and their families
- Pharmacy Deliveries - Relieve patients and families from the burden of medication pickups by offering contactless delivery to their homes
- Administrative/Office Support- Assist our staff with general office duties such as answering phone calls, filing papers, making copies, etc.
- William Childs Hospice House - Volunteers at this clinical inpatient setting perform a wide variety of tasks from general office duties to welcoming visitors and more
- Veterans - Attend "We Honor Veterans" pinning ceremonies
- Bereavement Support - Follow up phone calls and conversations with grieving families
- Bright Star Center for Grieving Children and Families - Facilitate group activities under the direction of Hospice of Health First staff and make children, teens, and their families feel at home (Requires additional training) Learn more about our Bright Star program
- Special Events - Assist with programs and events to raise community awareness about Hospice of Health First
- Transportation - Provide transportation for hospice patients and their caregivers to appointments, assist with obtaining groceries, and other necessities
- Teens Linking Lives - High school age teens get a unique opportunity to provide companionship and learn wisdom from the older generation in our community
- Hounds of Hospice - Certified therapy dogs and trained volunteers spread cheer to patients
- Love Stitches - Use your talents of knitting or sewing to bring joy and comfort to patients and families
Hospice of Health First does not discriminate against patients, families, medical personnel, associates or volunteers based on age, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, creed, financial capacity, or mental, developmental or physical disability. We are licensed by the state of Florida, certified as Medicare and Medicaid providers, accredited by The Joint Commission, and members of the National Hospice and Palliative Care organization as well as well as Florida Hospices and Palliative Care organization.
Hospice Administrative Offices and Bright Star Center for Grieving Children & Families
1131 W. New Haven Ave., Suite 102
West Melbourne, FL 32904
William Childs Hospice House Inpatient Facility
381 Medplex Parkway
Palm Bay, FL 32905
Hospice of Health First's Cape Canaveral Hospital Inpatient Unit Fourth Floor
701 W. Cocoa Beach Causeway
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Merritt Island Administrative Office
220 S. Courtenay Parkway
Merritt Island, FL 32952