The Trauma Center at Health First’s Holmes Regional Medical Center has been treating severe, life-threatening injuries for nearly 20 years.
With First Flight, Brevard County’s only air ambulance, and a multidisciplinary team of trauma specialists on the ground, you and your loved ones get the care you need as fast as possible.
Our team includes:
- Trauma and acute care surgeons
- Orthopedic trauma surgeons
- Mid-level practitioners
- Critical care, emergency trained registered nurses
- Trauma trained staff including psychologists, nurse case managers and social workers.
Inside the Trauma Center
Our 43,000-square foot, state-of-the-art trauma center and emergency department is outfitted with the latest emergency medicine technology and equipment to increase the speed of diagnosis and critical care.
The Trauma Center includes:
- Three acute resuscitation rooms
- Dedicated trauma suites with room to expand for additional patients
- Priority location next to the emergency department to coordinate care during mass casualty events and disasters
- Direct access to the First Flight helipad
The Health First Trauma Center has partnered with NASA to provide contingency healthcare for astronauts.
Holden knew a collision was inevitable the moment a semi-truck pulled out in front of his motorcycle. Read his incredible story of survival, strength and hope and meet other survivors who are thriving after trauma.