This site is presented to acquaint the Web community with Health First and its staff, facilities, affiliates, and services. It is solely for informational purposes. Any medical information provided here is intended to be of a general nature and believed to be accurate. However, we cannot render personalized healthcare advice or respond to individual medical questions. If you think you have a health problem, we urge you to directly contact a healthcare provider or call Health First Physicians' medical referral service at 321.434.2300 for a referral to a healthcare provider. Inclusion of a link on this site does not necessarily imply endorsement of the information provided therein.
We are committed to making our website accessible to individuals with disabilities and to providing a website that is usable by the widest possible audience. Our website conforms to the relevant Section 508 Web Accessibility Standards, the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA, or other standards to the extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. These standards and guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Our website is tested on a periodic basis with assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers, and with users with disabilities who use these technologies. We believe that conformance with these standards and guidelines will help make the website more user friendly for all people.
Our efforts are ongoing. While we strive to have the website adhere to these guidelines and standards, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. If, at any time, you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular webpage, please contact us at Info@hf.org or 321.434.4333, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you.
Advertising and sponsorship policy
Advertising is not accepted on this website. Additionally, there are currently no sponsorships in place on the website.
In the event that we place sponsorship on this website, the following principles have been established to allow Health First to maximize the benefits to our sponsors, without in any way infringing on our essential editorial control and content integrity, or consumers' privacy.
- No influence on Health First's health information - There will be absolutely no influence of advertising or sponsors on the news, information, and editorial content presented on this website. There will not be any influence on the order of presentation, search engine priority/rankings, or quotes from qualified experts in various health areas.
- Distinguishable from content - All sponsorship of any kind on this website will be easily distinguishable to consumers from news, information, and editorial content. This goal will be achieved by including the word "Sponsored by" next to sponsorship boxes, or next to health topics. Additionally, this Website will not publish any "advertorial" content (sponsorships that make health claims) that is not clearly identified as such. This Web site does not co-brand products or services with sponsors, but does have links to some content providers such as HealthVision, Verus and Medco Health for the convenient use of visitors to this Web site.
- Prohibited content - We will not accept any form of sponsorship that we consider inconsistent with the stated purposes of Health First's health information Website. This means that we will not accept sponsored health information content that we know either contains false or misleading claims, or promotes ineffective or dangerous products. While proposals for sponsorships will be considered individually and without bias, we will not accept those related to tobacco, alcohol, and firearms.
- No endorsements - We will clearly disclose any third-party support or other sponsorships of items featured on this website. While sponsor messages appearing on this website may include links to other Websites, Health First does not explicitly or by implication endorse the content of any third-party websites, or endorse any companies, products or claims made by our sponsors on this website. Health First does not assume any liability for products or services sponsored on this website. Any questions, comments or complaints should be addressed by website users directly to the sponsor.
- Advertising and sponsorship tracking mechanisms - Currently, this Website does not carry any sponsorships, and as such, there are no related tracking mechanisms in place. Additionally, this Website does not accept advertising.
- Website overview and visitor rules - Please see our Website Overview and Visitor Rules for more information regarding your use of this Website.
No advertising or sponsorship influence
As stated in the Advertising and Sponsorship Policy, neither advertising nor sponsorship will influence on this website's news, information content or editorial positions.
Review and editing of content
All content appearing on this Website is protected by copyright, with all rights reserved to Health First, Inc., and third-party contributors. Health news, information, and software tools appearing on this website are provided by the following reputable third-party health news and information sources:
Health First has selected our third-party content contributors based on the general quality and integrity of their information and because they do not violate our conflict-of-interest policy. Content obtained from these vendors may be obtained by them from another party. Please refer to the policies posted on their websites for a complete description of their content providers.
Health First's management performs periodic reviews and analyses of the third parties' content review and control procedures prior to posting their information on Health First's Website. While we do not review all content pages or attempt to verify information in each article, our review of their procedures helps to ensure that there are no claims of therapeutic benefit without reasonable support based on scientific methodologies such as clinical trials, surveys, or interviews, and that there is no false or misleading information.
Conflict of interest policy
Health First requires that any staff member with editorial responsibility disclose any interest, investment, employment, affiliations or relationship with an outside party or entity, which may be considered to be a conflict of interest. If such a relationship is disclosed or discovered, it will be reported to Health First's Corporate Integrity Department for review and determination. Health First also requires that all third-party content providers create and enforce a similar conflict of interest policy, further assuring that Health First's health information content is free of influence and bias from outside entities. This is verified through regular editorial process reviews with our content providers.
Any editorial comments by the management of Health First will be clearly delineated as such, and thus will be distinguishable from news and general health information content.
Website Overview and Visitor Rules - Please see our Website Overview and Visitor Rules for more information regarding your use of this Web site.
Contact Us About this Website or Our Policies
Website overview and visitor rules
- Overview - This portion of Health First's Website (HF.org, hereinafter referred to as "website" and "we") is designed to give visitors to the website (hereinafter referred to as "you" and "your") a basic understanding of how the website operates, what the policies are, and what your obligations as a visitor are. This website is a consumer health information resource website. It includes news, information, and access to healthcare-related software tools (hereinafter collectively referred to as "services"). The goal of the website is to provide quality current health information on a variety of topics to help you make informed decisions in managing your personal medical care in conjunction with medical professionals.
- Visitor rules - As a visitor to the website, you are our guest. As a guest, this Website and its third-party content contributors grant to you a limited license to view the contents of the website, and to use and copy contents solely for your personal benefit. Additional terms and conditions applicable to your usage of third-party content and software tools are listed in the on the websites of our third-party content contributors (see Editorial Policy). We reserve the right to deny access to you at any time if you engage in prohibited activity, such as unauthorized copying or use of information or functionality on the website, attempting to obtain unauthorized access to restricted areas of the website, using slanderous, profane or inappropriate language in communications involving the website, or infecting the website with computer viruses or other destructive functionality.
- Content - All content appearing on this website is protected by copyright, with all rights reserved in Health First, Inc., and third-party contributors. Health news, information, and software tools appearing on this website are provided by the following reputable third-party health news and information sources. Health First has selected them based on the general quality and integrity of their information, and because they do not violate our conflict-of-interest policy. Further information may be found in our Editorial Policy at the link below.
- Changes - We will strive to continually improve the content and operation of the website, and to keep you up to date about major changes to the website. However, for reasons involving operational necessity, Health First reserves the right to make changes to this Overview and Visitor Rules, all website policies, the website content, and all other aspects of the operation of the website at any time without notice to you. We will post any changes to the website from time to time, and therefore you should periodically review the then-current versions of this Overview and the other website policies to make sure that you are up to date.
- Links - This Website includes electronic links over the Internet to various websites run by third parties, such as other health information providers and sponsors. These "click-on" links are available at your option for your convenience to allow you to further expand your information. We try to select third parties that are good sources of additional information and are reputable, however Health First does not endorse them. Please note that your use of those other websites is at your own risk. Health First does not assume any operational or legal responsibility for the content or operation of those websites. Using those websites may involve different risks, responsibilities and expectations for you than when using this website.
- Framed links - In some cases, this website will "frame" another website within this website's navigation. When this is done, you will be notified that you are accessing another website within this website, and that the framed website carries a different set of policies, prior to accessing it.
- Ownership - This website is managed by Health First, Inc. (Administrative offices located at 6450 US Highway 1, Rockledge, FL 32955 Phone (321.434.4300), which is a not-for-profit community healthcare organization serving Brevard County, Florida. For more information on Health First, Inc., please click the provided link.
- No practice of medicine - This website is not engaged in the practice of medicine. Any information and advice on the website is given on a generalized, generic basis, and is not specific to any individual patient's condition. Use of this website is helpful in making sure you are informed about healthcare issues. However, online health services and health information content cannot replace a health professional-patient relationship, and you should always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment of your specific health problems. You should not disregard any advice or treatment from those professionals based on your interpretation of what you may read on this website.
- No warranty - Health First works diligently to produce and maintain the Website, and to ensure that it includes high-quality health information content for you. However, please note that because this Website's services are free of charge to you, we do not offer any warranties of the services. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE.
- No liability - You understand that because the website services are available free of charge to you, we will not be liable to you for any damages you may incur resulting from your use of the Website or any other websites whose links are on this website. Your use of the website services and third-party websites is solely at your own risk.
- Response times to e-mail and other electronic messages - Health First will make every attempt to respond promptly to your e-mail or other electronic inquiries, within two business days (Monday-Friday, excluding holidays). Should you fail to receive a response within this time frame, please call us at one of the phone numbers listed on the Contact Us page.
- Accessibility - If users cannot access information from a PC, either due to inaccessibility or inability, they can contact us and we will provide information by mail, e-mail, or fax. Users wishing to access information from this website but are unable to, should contact us at Info@hf.org or write us at Health First, Inc., 6450 US Highway 1, Rockledge, FL 32955, Attn: Web Project Specialist
- Questions or comments - We are committed to continuously improving the quality of the Web site. If you have any questions or comments regarding this Agreement or this website in general, please contact us at Info@hf.org, 321.434.5080 or write us at:
Health First, Inc.
6450 US Highway 1, Rockledge
Attn: Web Project Specialist
Physician and associate access to secure applications
Additional restrictions and obligations apply to physicians and Health First associates who are authorized access to restricted information and applications (internal access). All patient medical information is confidential and subject to the provisions of state and federal law, and use of applications delivered via Health First's Internet site requires review and compliance with our Internet Information Systems Usage Policy. Details of requirements for restricted access can be found on the Internal Access page.
Online physician directory disclaimer
"Find-A-Doctor" is compiled and published by Health First, Inc. as a reference for professional information on physicians on staff at our hospitals and who are providers in our Health Plan. It is intended for use by the general public for quick access to information on physicians associated with Health First, Inc.
Not all physicians on our hospital staffs accept Health First Health Plans insurance. To determine if your medical provider accepts Health First Health Plans insurance, please visit their Provider Directory.
"Find-A-Doctor" or any of its data, listings or other constituent elements may not be downloaded, republished, resold or duplicated, in whole or in part, for commercial or any other purposes or for purposes of compiling mailing lists or any other lists of physicians. The use of "Find-A-Doctor" to establish independent data files or compendiums of statistical information is prohibited.
The use of "Find-A-Doctor" by hospitals, managed care organizations, PPOs or other healthcare entities to verify the credentials of physicians is not sufficient to meet the standards of the Joint Commission (JCAHO), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) or the Utilization Review Accreditation Committee (URAC). The database of physician information for "Find-A-Doctor" does not contain sufficient information with which to verify physician credentials
Although Health First, Inc. undertakes reasonable efforts to keep the information contained in "Find-A-Doctor" accurate, Health First, Inc. and its affiliates do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in "Find-A-Doctor." In no event shall Health First, Inc. or its affiliates be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance on such information.
(Cape Canaveral / Holmes Regional Medical Center / Palm Bay / Viera) Hospital is committed to the fair treatment of all human beings seeking necessary medical care at its facility. As a recipient of federal financial assistance, these Hospitals do not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, gender, or sexual preference in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by the hospitals directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which they arrange to carry out its programs and activities. Additionally, these hospitals will not deny necessary emergency medical care based upon a person's ability to pay for services.
Contact us about this website or our policies
If you have questions about the privacy or security of your information on this site, contact:
Health First Corporate Information Privacy and Security Officer
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955
Any other questions or concerns regarding the terms or use of this Web site should be addressed to:
History of policy changes
Last revised: 10/24/2019
- 5/14/2003 - Privacy and Disclaimer policies were reviewed and revised where appropriate.
- 5/27/2004 - Incorporated existing Privacy and Disclaimer documents into this one document, changing contact information for consistency. Added Advertising and Sponsorship Policy, Editorial Policy, website Overview and Visitor rules, Physician and Associate Access Policy, Contact Us and History of Policy Review and Changes.
- 2/26/2011 - Added official anti-discrimination policy to the page
- 10/24/2019 - Updated Notice of Privacy Practices for Health First Health Plans to one document for Health First.
- 11/5/2019 - Updated Notice of Privacy Practices to Health First.
- 11/29/2022 - Updated Conflict of interest policy section.